This year has been remarkable. I'm so blessed to have had such a good year. Here are a few highlights of 2012:
1. Travelling the world
2. I started this blog this year and it's been wonderful watching it grow. I love waking up in the morning to a bunch of friendly comments from the sweetest readers which encourage me to continue blogging about my insignificant little life. It has also been wonderful to watch other blogs grow alongside mine. I think supporting one another so important in life and I feel so happy to see reader's blogs doing well. Yes, I read your blogs too!
3. I achieved the biggest accomplishment I could ever have wished for in 2012. I completed my LLB degree. That's right, I'm now a lawyer. I love the quote that you can never be overdressed or over-educated. The anxiety, stress, hours and hours (and hours) of studying, the tears, the panic was all worth it in the end. I owe a HUGE thank you to my support system. These people saw me through every step of the way and believe me it wasn't pretty. My friends and family are the pillar of strength that I am able to stand on.
4. The photographs on this blog are all taken by my wonderful boyfriend, Grant. He didn't volunteer for the position as photographer to this blog. Or as chief advisor. Or to hear me talk for hours on end about this blog and that blog and this outfit or whether this could be paired with that. This sweet treasure even took some time out to learn the ropes of photography and is thus entirely responsible for the improved quality of the images of each post. Thank you, Grant. You are always so supportive. Thank you for loving me, letting me be and for your contributions to Arum Lilea.
5. International travel has already been mentioned but I live in the most beautiful country in the world, South Africa. I don't have to travel far to have my mind blow by landscape and scenery. This year I've spent time in Cape Town in all it's glory. I've been on safari in Pafuri, a private concession of the Kruger Park. I have hiked through (21km of) Champagne Castle in the Drakensburg. I've sipped wine in Magaliesburg and bellinis in Umhlanga, Kwa-Zulu Natal. To anyone who has never been to Africa or, more specifically, South Africa, get your passport out and get moving already!!!
6. I watched my little sister grow into a gorgeous young lady. I often talk about my sister (here and here) probably because my life would be incomplete without her. Thanks, Jasmine for being so willing to help me plan outfits and for your constant inspiration. You have blossomed this year, inside and out.
7. I've found that I have a love for great tailoring and great collars this year. I predict 2013 will have many more posts on both. I love sophisticated glamour and throwing in a pop of colour so watch this space for more.
8. While I'm slowly expanding my social networking skills, throughout this year I've been exploring these. You can now follow Arum Lilea on GFC, Bloglovin', Chictopia, Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and (I'm most excited about this one) Instagram. All the links can be found on the right or with the name Arum Lilea.
Thank you to my wonderful readers for leading me on this interesting path. A blog is nothing without its readers, so without you there would be absolutely no reason to carry on. I wish you all the very best for 2013. May you have a safe New Years celebration surrounded by all those dear to you and may all your wildest dreams for 2013 start unfolding before your eyes.